Menu
breddecliffe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Will not send emails because it says it contains SPAM

I am getting quite frustrated as I am unable to send some emails from my Virgin NTLWorld.com email account as it says the email has SPAM content. They are very straight forward emails although I think in the main they contain a web link address, but to a standard site. For instance the link in the last email that I could not send was https://www.mullanlighting.com/en/riad-20cm-globe-ceiling-light-fitting. I have had to set up a gmail account in order to be able to send these type of emails. Can you please advise what the problem is and if there is a solution?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Will not send emails because it says it contains SPAM

The frequent updates made to the matching data spam filters use is likely responsible for this  false positive and will hopefully clear itself in 6, 12, or 24 hours.

If the problem persist can you post the unique token shown in the error message here to allow the forum team to pursue this further, for example KU0NhZOATHMokKU0Nhbsz1 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

breddecliffe
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I just tried to send the same email with the same links in it and it is still failing with the same message saying it contains SPAM.  The token given in the undeliverable email is 'du1riwcbsmtBndu1ricoJc'

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for posting the unique token string; forum team should respond in a few hours / days.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi breddecliffe, thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear you're having issues sending emails.

Can I ask if the email in question is being sent to a single email address or multiple email addresses? Can I also ask if you've tested replicating the email you're trying to send, via a 3rd party email address?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
breddecliffe
Tuning in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi

In response to your question I am only sending this email to one person.  I have had this issue quite a few times now and from memory it is always when I include a website link.

My Virgin email is my primary email account, but when I cut and paste the email and use both my gmail and icloud email accounts to send this email, then the email is sent OK without any issues!

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming this breddecliffe

And just for confirmation, this is happening regardless of whether you attempt to send the email via webmail or a client? 

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
breddecliffe
Tuning in
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee_R

Thanks for your assistance on this.

Yes I get the same undeliverable message if I use Webmail or an Outlook client.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi there breddecliffe

For my understanding is this happening with a specific link for one website, or does it not appear to matter which website is included?  Also please forgive the obvious question, but are you successfully able to send an email from the Virgin Media email address to the recipients in question, when you do not include these links?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
breddecliffe
Tuning in
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I had two web links in my original email, one for John Lewis and the other as follows:

https://www.mullanlighting.com/en/riad-20cm-globe-ceiling-light-fitting

This again failed with token 'eMGci3O5omtBneMGcidboS'

I removed this mullanlighting link and left just the john lewis link and the email was sent OK.  I put the mullanlighting link back in and it failed again.

I then tried with just this link in the title of an email and it failed and finally just the link and nothing else in an email and it failed again.

However, I have had this problem before, but that would have been with different web site addresses.

Why would my Virgin emails fail just because it appears not to like certain web links?

0 Kudos