Menu
john_liddle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wife’s Email stopped working

Hi

On Thursday my wife’s email stopped working for no reason on her iPad and iPhone.  I checked on my virgin media and couldn’t access the email there either.  I changed her password as recommended and made no difference.  I phoned the help line and have been over two hours speaking to 4 different members of staff.  Go through the same thing where they have tried resetting the password and makes no difference.  The error message on iPad states “ no password provided for virgin media …” and error on web mail states “ sorry unable to access account”.

no explanation and  I’ve now been told to wait 7 to 10 days with no guarantee of resolution.  Virgin Twitter have asked me to use this forum so here goes ….

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Wife’s Email stopped working

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this.

They will respond here either later today or tomorrow.

They will want to confirm whether you are the account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
john_liddle
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, we are going out this afternoon and back later tonight, will check then
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @john_liddle 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your wife's email address. 

I can look further into this for you. 

I will pop you over a PM so that we can look further into your account. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
john_liddle
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

My email is not working.

Hi

My name is [REMOVED]  My email stopped working around Thursday last week.  I have contacted the virgin help desk on 4 occasions and spent a over two hours on the phone.  I have changed my password and virgin help desk also changed the password but this has not helped.  

I can’t open email on iPad or iPhone or even web mail on myvirginmedia  website.  The error message on iPad states that I need to enter a password and on web mail states the mailbox is unavailable at the moment.

I can confirm [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi john_liddle,

Unfortunately due to strict data protection law we are unable to help any 3rd party with email issues. We know that you are her husband and that Janice would prefer you to deal with this but as the account is not in your name we will be unable to assist you further on this thread.

If Janice is able to create her own thread with an alternative email address we can speak to her through this forum as she is the account holder, we will then be able to assist her further.

If this is not possible our team will be happy to assist you further with this issue over the phone.

In the meantime, I have included a link here with the instructions of what to do if your email account has been locked.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos