Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Why has virgin email login changed?

Why have virgin changed the login procedure for email access? I can access emails on my phone as before but on iPad and PC I can no longer rely on "remembered" usernames and passwords. I just get this message    

Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /acs/acs.

This is such a pain and I do not see the need for the change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has virgin email login changed?

But VM do see the need for change, and frankly so do the rest of with experience of issues around the sign on process. VM are changing the whole of their sign on system to give us all a better service, eventually. This is the first stage.

As for the message you seeing, read the key post on this issue posted by the VM staff here, yesterday:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Logging-into-your-email-account-with-a-bookmark/td-p/4283...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why has virgin email login changed?

@Pollyp40 wrote:

Why have virgin changed the login procedure for email access?

This is such a pain and I do not see the need for the change.

I am not privy to the reasons - but I do hope that once the new sign on system is working smoothly, they will introduce longer passwords for better security.  And two-factor authentication!  If VM can reduce hackers logging into people's billing accounts and email mailboxes, that will reduce fraud and spamming.  That will reduce problems for millions of customers and free up the customer service team to do more for customers.

If security is improved, they can introduce more actions that customers can manage themselves in the billing account - changing packages or cancelling services, etc.

Worth a little short-term pain, don't you think?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos