Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Why can't I send my email

why am I getting this message? "retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period" when I try to contact someone and not others?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why can't I send my email

Hi SEK, is this regarding a new email which is being sent or one which you have been trying to send over a number of days? Can you try emailing yourself to see if you get any issues? - Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

It's new emails which I am trying to send to one particular person whose email provider is Talktalk - not sure if that makes any difference?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have they been able to confirm if you are the only one who's emails they are not getting as the issue could be on their side ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

They seem to be getting every one else's - its just mine that are bouncing back ??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

We will only know what is happening if you (SEK) post the full error message you are seeing when this happens. Make sure that you remove full e-mail addresses - leave the @Symbol and domain name alone though. Then we can see. But an initial guess is that , as ChirsW1 says, the TT mail server is rejecting the mail after several delivery attempts. Why this is happening will only become clear after we see the full error message.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

You sent the following message, but this message could not be delivered to all recipients:

======================================================================
Subject: Re: Felix's 
------=_Part_15228_422047445.1588165281703 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable no I haven't replied - thanks Sue=20 > On 29 April 2020 at 13:57 ...@tal= ktalk.net> wrote: >=20 >=20 > Hi Su
======================================================================

The following addresses failed:

[Removed]

retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period

Is this what you need to help me? 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes - it looks like VM's mail servers have tried to deliver but TT servers failed to accept the delivery, even after several attempts. We usually see much more than the error message you have posted when VM is involved? There is normally a 4xx error code attached when delivery failure is involved. But it does look like the error is at TT's end.

One other question - you are just sending this via VM's servers direct without using any third party sender, such as a mail forwarder for your own domain?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm not technically as you may have guessed, so I think it is going direct thanks for your help 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You don't need to be a technical genius. If you didn't grasp my question then you are clearly sending direct. so thanks for that. Are you sure you have posted the whole message?

0 Kudos