cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I being steered to join myvirginmedia to access my emails?

MJR1961
Settling in

Since yesterday, I am unable to access my emails via the virgin website.  For around 20 years, I have been accessed my emails on my smartphone via the virgin website/email.   

I cannot access the path I have used for years, every route I take send me to a page asking me to register for myvirginmedia.   

When I try to register for myvirginmedia I am asked to provide the email address used when purchasing my services.    I have no purchased any services so therefore cannot access myvirginmedia and cannot get into my emails via the phone. 

I have tried to add my email account to GMail but my email address is not recognised. 

This is driving me mad.  The most annoying thing is the inability to speak to anyone or access any kind of live chat service.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MJR1961 Continued use of any VM email address, including the legacy domains, requires the email address to be part of a VM broadband account.

It looks as if yours isn't and is in the process of being deleted

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MJR1961 Continued use of any VM email address, including the legacy domains, requires the email address to be part of a VM broadband account.

It looks as if yours isn't and is in the process of being deleted

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/jump-to/first-unread-m...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham, thank you very much for this information!   My husband - for our household - holds the broadband account but it is not in my name (VERY annoyingly but understandably, they can only recognise one person as the account holder).   If I could only speak to a human, I'd try to explain that 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MJR1961,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with accessing your email.

Thank you to @Graham_A for providing you with additional information about this issue and the process.

The account holder can ensure that the right email is added to the account and if needed, we'll be able to look into this further and see if the mailbox is still active, but we would need to speak to the account holder to investigate further.

The account holder can create a separate account on the Forums and create a post for us to investigate if needed. Let us know how you get on and if you need any more help or assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs