Menu
ianfra5er
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Whiteboard

I've subscribed to a service but cannot send or receive emails as Virgin appears to consider it spam, how do I add to the whiteboard to overcome this?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Whiteboard

Supposedly by including an email address in your webmail address it is whitelisted however I have yet to see evidence of this being true.

When sending do you see Spam Content Found warning similar to the following?

2021-01-04-01.jpeg2021-01-04-00.jpeg
Are email sent to you received into your Spam folder?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ianfra5er
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, problem is definitely with Virgin servers at moment i.e. when I try to send I received the spam content excuse for it not going and I'm not receiving emails from the company i.e. I subscribed to their service which is legitimate, they sent me an initial welcome email which I didn't receive, nor did it go into spam folder. I then managed to send an initial email to the address they supplied as part of the subscription should I require support of any kind which Virgin did send and let a reply through but thereafter my reply was flagged as spam and not sent. For now I'm having to use another email address to correspond with them which isn't ideal but I guess there's nothing I can do my end, this has to be managed by Virgin as the service provider? Am I better just calling tech support?

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to take this forward to resolution however be aware that:

• it can take them a few hours / days to respond
  • they will likely require:
    ▪ examples of emails that produce the Spam Content Found warning
    ▪ sender's SMTP log entries showing successful transmission of email to Virgin Media

Wait for the Forum Team to request these via private message (PM, 2019-04-30.jpeg)
ianfra5er
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Will do and thx

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ianfra5er,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

I will need to ask for some sensitive information which we'll chat about further in a PM. 

I'll send this information off to the internet security team who will look into this and hopefully get it resolved. 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
ianfra5er
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Look forward to PM, currently using an alternative - free - email address without these kinds of problem!

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ianfra5er,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, the internet security team were able to resolve this issue on their side so the email you were having issues with should no longer be marked as spam. 

If you still require help please let me know and we'll continue to work together 🙂

Thanks so much!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
ianfra5er
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've subsequently been able to send them a message without it being flagged up as spam so hopefully they'll be able to do the same.

Thanks, Ian

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it @ianfra5er

Thanks so much for popping back with an update after our reply yesterday; we really do appreciate it. 

Hope you have a good week; stay safe 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos