Menu
Bobbins59
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which Account does my email belong to

Hi

after several account changes through the family

We collectivley are unable to find which account my email address is connected to as the name that shows up when i send a mail is not mine but somewhat different and I want to change it but cant find out how or where to connect to do so

Any help gratefully received

thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Which Account does my email belong to

VM email accounts are tied to the original account under which they were created.

Generally they cannot be moved to other accounts except in a small number of  specific instances.

The forgotten username check may give you some clues as to which account holds the email accounts.

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

Edit: Your posting history suggests a number of possible account moves which could well impact on your current situation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Bobbins59
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

thanks for the quick response but i dont think ive explained the situation very well

many years ago i had a virgin media account

we moved house and my partner set up a new account

we moved again and my son started up a new account which caused virgin to close down the previous account

so we arent sure wether the email address beongs to my account from when I fist started (they were telewest then)

or with my partners account that is now closed

all i know is that the account is still working but I cant get into any settings to chage the name that appears on the emails when I send them

hope that makes a little more sense

thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

From that I would guess the email account is in limbo, described by VM as an orphaned account.

My advice would be to forget it and move on with a new email address from a provider independent of your ISP.

The VM Forum Team should be able to get the orphaned account fully closed down for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Bobbins59
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

do you think they could have it transfered to the current account at the address which is in my sons name (although I pay the bill)

thanks

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is a process called 'move and transfer', but it can only be used in limited circumstances.

I fear that your record of account changes may render this impossible.

Wait for the VM Forum Team to reach this either late tomorrow or on Saturday and they will be able to advise further.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

move and transfer will replace any emails on the new account with everything from the old account
And they can only be moved between accounts with the same account holder. So this would not be possible
0 Kudos