Menu
Wile_E_Coyote
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Where are my wife's emails?

My wife has just gone to check her emails on her mobile phone and there aren't any!

I've just gone onto her webmail and the Inbox is empty. It's an NTLWorld account (as is mine).
Anyone got any ideas?

HELP!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Where are my wife's emails?

@Wile_E_Coyote wrote:

My wife has just gone to check her emails on her mobile phone and there aren't any!

I've just gone onto her webmail and the Inbox is empty. It's an NTLWorld account (as is mine).
Anyone got any ideas?

HELP!

When you checked in the webmail account did you look in the trash folder to see if this missing inbox emails had been deleted?  If they are there you should be able to recover them as long as you act quickly, before the VM webmail system auto empties the trash folder, which happens at what seems like random intervals.

Alternatively you should follow the advice given here as a miscreant may have obtained access to the account: Emails have been hacked | Virgin Media 

There are numerous reports on this forum alone relating to emails being deleted unintentionally from mobile devices, mostly linked to Apple devices due to a misunderstanding by the operator of the consequences of an action they carried out.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Wile_E_Coyote
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Our mobiles are Android and when my wife went to look at her emails, just for an instant, they were there, then they were gone.

I checked all of the other folders when I logged into the webmail, they were all as expected, only the Inbox had been cleared.

I don't suppose VM keep backups?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I am afraid that VM do not backup your emails under the terms and conditions it makes it clear that it your responsibility.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos