cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my old emails?

rottijim
Joining in

Apologies if already covered.  I can't see emails before a few weeks ago in my Archive or anywhere?

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @rottijim,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling to find some older emails. How are you going about accessing your email account? Are you using a third party mail client app (Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.) or are you using the webmail platform on our website?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks, Zach.  I can see older emails on my iPhone via Apple Mail but not on my laptop, where I am just using Virgin Media email.  I can see nothing earlier than 6/5/2023.  Does that help?

Thanks,

Robert

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @rottijim,

Thanks for confirming that, you may wish to check your email settings here. From how you described this it looks like it could either be that you have an auto delete or a filter set to only show you recent mails, if you check that link you can review the settings on your account.

Let me know how this goes. Joe

Thanks Joseph_B.  Still no luck.  Found filter rules but there is such rule there; can't even see an auto delete option to check whether I've somehow clicked it on.

Hi @rottijim, thank you for your response.

We're sorry to hear you're continuing to experience the same problem 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. 

Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel