cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we see pop and imap return?

Chris016
Tuning in

Last successful sync on 18Jun and still no resolution from Virgin.

passwords changed, new client app installed and still nothing

do Virgin really care?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris016 👋

Looks like Graham beat me to that one! Please follow the instructions he has provided to set/reset an App Password for the email. From there, please try to sign in to the 3rd-party application, and let us know how things go.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris016 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your Email service. To clarify, are newer emails showing when signing in to your online WebMail account, here?

Have you also generated an App Password for use on 3rd-party Mail applications? You can do this in your My Virgin Media in your Account Settings.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

This is my wife’s account, mine is fine on iPad. She is using the Samsung mail client and have also tried Outlook.

mail is present on website but does not download to client.

we have successfully changed the password twice now

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming, Chris. 

Just to confirm, this is the App Passwords and not the email passwords themselves? You have two passwords for your emails, one which is your main password which signs you into the WebMail and then an App Password, which allows you to sign in to 3rd-party apps. What happens when attempting to sign-in? 

Please be aware, we're limited on the support we can provide for 3rd-party clients, but rest assured, we'll do our best to help.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Chris016
Tuning in

Email password. Is the app password a new feature, passed me by. All worked fine before 18Jun

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chris016 VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris016 👋

Looks like Graham beat me to that one! Please follow the instructions he has provided to set/reset an App Password for the email. From there, please try to sign in to the 3rd-party application, and let us know how things go.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

Chris016
Tuning in

Done and thanks 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update, Chris016. 

How are things looking? Are you now able to send and receive emails as normal? 🙂

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team