We are aware of an email issue where some customer IP addresses are becoming blacklisted. If you're experiencing problems such as this, please follow the below steps:
- Use your internet security package to scan your device and remove any infections
- If running malware scans using your anti-virus package doesn’t identify an infection, this could mean that the infected device is an Internet of Things (IOT) or Internet-connected device. This could be a Smart TV, CCTV System, external streaming device etc.
- Change the default privacy and security settings on your devices where possible
- Disable any default features that you don’t need. Internet-connected devices often come with a variety of services, such as remote access, enabled by default. If you don’t specifically need the service, be sure to disable it.
- Review all of the applications you have on your devices and uninstall apps that have not come from trustworthy sources. Many devices allow you to disable the option of allowing downloads from unknown sources -if this option is enabled on your device, you should turn it off.
- If the problem persists it might be necessary to restore your devices to factory settings to remove any potential malware infections. However, it is very important to note that restoring your device to factory settings will delete all of your personal data.
- Certain free VPN services do not encrypt traffic, and may use your devices to reroute other internet users’ malicious traffic. This could end up with your devices unintentionally participating in a spam sending campaign, which results in your IP address becoming blacklisted. You should check the reputation of the VPN service to ensure there is no hidden malware or other security issues.
- Ensure that your email settings are correct and up to date, you can find detailed instructions of how to change your Virgin Media email settings at - https://www.virginmedia.com/help/email-settings-for-all-virgin-media-domains
For more information and security advice, please visit our security hub via: www.virginmedia.com/help/security-hub