cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail not working

Flybridge
On our wavelength

It looks like Virgin just implemented app specific passwords. In doing so, it has stopped my email client from working, as it can't connect using the password that was generated for me. I suppose that is their problem to fix.

But in the meantime I have to use the web browser to access my mails. When I do so, the 4 icons near the top are greayed out and I get the 'no entry' sign when I move my cursor over them. So I am unable to reply, forward or delete emails. Is there a way to fix this?

11 REPLIES 11

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you post an appropriately redacted screenshot of the issue?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hey Flybridge,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email at the moment, as 用心棒 requested, are you able to share a screenshot making sure to hide any personal information?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Flybridge
On our wavelength

No. My screen saver removes the cursor when I take a screenshot, so I can't show the no entry sign. But as I said, the four icons for reply, reply all forward and delete are greyed out, so I can't perform those functions. My Inbox is increasingly useless.

Perhaps it's time to switch to another platform.

Are you able to change your password for your email via your 'My Virgin Media' account?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I managed to replicate this issue and there is more than just the icons being unselectable:

2023-07-06.jpegNote highlighted area where usually letters from the  account's display name appear but is blank implying none of the account's settings are present and affirmed by inability to view account settings.

@Flybridge, can you confirm the above image is similar to what you see and ⚙ > Accounts is blank?

2023-07-06-b.jpeg

As a temporary workaround use an email client, i.e. Thunderbird or something similar.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI created a separate thread here Webmail malfunctioning due to missing account data - Virgin Media Community - 5361225 for this issue that is now also affecting one of my accounts.

Hi

Yes, my screen is like yours and the Accounts section is blank.

Hi Flybridge,

Just to clarify please, are you able to change the email password via your My Virgin Media account?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Flybridge
On our wavelength

I did that a week or two ago. Do I need to try again?