cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail not working - live chat not supportive at all

Donnanneh
Joining in

I have not been able to access my webmail since Saturday 15th January.

I have tried contacting Live chat and they were unable to help. I was transferred to What's app and told I'd be passed to Technical support but so for nothing.

This is unacceptable  - 48hours and counting without access to primary email and no apology, no explanation.

Get it fixed VirginMedia.

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

Just a couple of questions so that we have a better idea of what may have gone on and be able to advise accordingly.

What’s the error message you get when trying to access the web mail? Is it something along the lines of ‘your mailbox is temporarily unavailable, please try again in an hour….’?

Are you a current VM broadband customer? If so can you try resetting the password for the email account as per the instructions here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Is webmail your only way of accessing the mailbox? You don’t also have it setup on an app on a phone, tablet or computer do you? If you do then do they still work?

Hi Jem101

Yes that's the error message I'm getting on webmail.  On googlemail where I pull the account emails to, I'm getting the message "Server denied POP3 access for the given username and password. Server returned error: "[AUTH] Authentication failed."

Yes I am a current VM broadband customer and I've reset my password but I still can't log into webmail. I've updated my googlemail account to use the new password too and still no luck.

Thanks for your help

Hi Donnanneh,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've had some issues accessing your emails.

So I can help I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Email finally started working after 72hours+ without.

I'm still incredibly annoyed and frustrated at how there has been no explanation or apology from virgin media when this clearly was a widespread issue looking at the posts on this forum.   Valued customers should not have to take to a forum to complain, VM should be on the ball and finding these issues and fixing them before they become complaints.  Is it a co-incidence that the account and profile pages of the VM customer site have been overhauled at the same time the problems occurred?