Menu
ahrbee
Superfast
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Webmail is collecting spam addresses

This develops a point made on  the Phishing thread where we have been trying to get rid of spam with .eu addresses.

Within my Webmail e-mail account, I found 'Collected Addresses' which contained 2 spam .eu addresses. I deleted all 'Collected Addresses' and, for good measure, all e-mail addresses since they were mainly old and out-of-date. A short time after I logged out of Webmail, I logged back in to discover Webmail had collected a spam .eu address. No .eu e-mails had been received in the intervening time; the .eu address had just appeared (or re-appeared after deletion).

I do not want 'Collected Addresses' and especially, I do not want spam 'Collected Addresses'. Can I turn this feature off? Can Virgin address this issue? Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Webmail is collecting spam addresses

Automatic collection of email address can be turned off in the webmail settings page under the email section:

email settings.PNG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ahrbee
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail is collecting spam addresses

Thank you. I have done as you suggested and I now have no addresses in Webmail, collected or not. I will monitor what happens.

I was surprised to see just 4 Collected Addresses but maybe these 4 were from e-mails I just happened to view in Webmail. Normally, I do not visit webmail.

0 Kudos