cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail - can see incoming mail but cant forward or do anything

kiwi550
Tuning in

I have an NTLWORLD address for Virgin Email.  Have used webmail in the past sometimes, eg when travelling. had not used it for many months, at least.   I just logged on there again, and found that although I can see all the incoming emails, apparently up to date, I cannot do anything with them, eg cannot forward an email. Options are grey and when I hover it has the red 'cant do it' thing.

I still have the Outlook email working fine on both my PC and my phone.

Looking in this Forum it seems that some other people (many?) have been having similar problems recently, perhaps since something went wrong at Virgin.

I havent phoned their Helpdesk yet, as judging by comments in this forum I'm not sure I would get anywhere..

I have what is possibly a related problem, in that I am trying to move my Outlook Email from a Win7 PC onto a Win10 PC.  I know it should be possible but I cannot get it to work.

Please could someone help or advise soonest.

thanks and regards

Roger Keynes

7 REPLIES 7

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kiwi550 wrote:

I have an NTLWORLD address for Virgin Email.  Have used webmail in the past sometimes, eg when travelling. had not used it for many months, at least.   I just logged on there again, and found that although I can see all the incoming emails, apparently up to date, I cannot do anything with them, eg cannot forward an email. Options are grey and when I hover it has the red 'cant do it' thing.

Is the NTLWORLD email account linked to an active broadband account with Virgin Media?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Yes I also have broadband with virgin, for my internet access;  though I dont know why that would have anything to do with the email problem.  I can login to virgin on the internet to see my bill etc.

I have another problem which I think may be related. I am using POP on a PC to run Outlook, storing all my mail on a PC, which is currently running Win7.

I need to migrate that to Win10.  I've seen there is a different way of running with Outlook, called IMAP.  I dont understand whether my current setup with POP on Win7 is able to run on Win10, or whether perhaps it would only run on Win10 if I changed to IMAP.

I have an enormous PST file of more than 12gig,  holding emails from I think more than 10 years.  I must keep that data it is essential.  I have made a copy of the PST file offline for safety. Any info or ideas would be welcome please.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue concerning webmail has been flagged to the forum team.

FYI continuing use of a Virgin Media email account requires it be linked with an active Virgin Media broadband account or less than 90 days have passed since its termination and after 90 days the email account is permanently deleted. Should the deletion fail to occur and an account has issues later then the scope of help available is restricted, i.e. help to complete deletion process.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @kiwi550 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the mishap with your email.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Many thanks. I think you should see that the email address you will have for me, to contact me, is not the virgin one.

Regards, Roger

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kiwi550 For your info. Private messages are not sent as emails but to the private message section within this forum.  Look for the envelope icon in the top right corner of the screen or if using a small screen device click on your profile icon and select Messages.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@kiwi550 wrote:

⋮.

I have another problem which I think may be related. I am using POP on a PC to run Outlook, storing all my mail on a PC, which is currently running Win7.

I need to migrate that to Win10.  I've seen there is a different way of running with Outlook, called IMAP.  I dont understand whether my current setup with POP on Win7 is able to run on Win10, or whether perhaps it would only run on Win10 if I changed to IMAP.

I have an enormous PST file of more than 12gig,  holding emails from I think more than 10 years.  I must keep that data it is essential.  I have made a copy of the PST file offline for safety. Any info or ideas would be welcome please.

See What is the difference between POP and IMAP? - Microsoft Support

AFAICS you should be able to continue using POP if your Windows email client supports it; be aware some will default to IMAP during setup and POP must be selected.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks