Menu
urantoid
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Webmail 403 / Mailbox Unavailable errors

I've now been unable to access my email for almost two weeks and its causing huge problems for me after over 20 years using the same email address.

During this time I've spent several hours holding for the Virgin Customer Care Service, only to be fobbed off with promised calls from the Technical Team (twice, both promised to be within 72 hours!) and managers (promised within 2 hours!) which never happened, aparently because messages to the Technical team had been "misallocated".

In the process I have also been erroneously directed to other providers who were stated to be managing the relevant emaIL server domains. In the process I've spoken to 6 different call centre operatives both in the UK and Bangalore who clearly have no access to any useful training or information that might help sort out the problem, and who at times were reduced to asking me to hold the line while they trawl through the publicly available web help pages looking for solutions.

I then came across this community group and now realise that all the information I have been given over the last 12 days has been plain wrong.

Framkly, its quite unbelievable! Even making allowances for the pandemic this is by some distance the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

Could one of the moderators on this forum please contact me asap as there are several emails that I need to access urgently.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
urantoid
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail 403 / Mailbox Unavailable errors

Still no joy, despite changing my password several times as others were advised in this forum.

Still no contact from the VM Tech team a week later despite reassurances that the ticket to them almost 10 days ago could not be closed without their contacting me.

Does anyone on this forum have any idea how best to speed up contact with the VM forum team here on this group as apparently direct private messages to them are not allowed?

0 Kudos
urantoid
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've now managed to access my virgin.net account through Outlook, set up using the instructions in the Virgin website help pages.

This is very good news as it means the mailbox is still active and has not been deleted

Strangely, webmail access is still down and since I often use that I would still appreciate any help or advice about that though it seems that Virgin will have to unlock that. I have not received any of the promised calls from the IT Dept and was actually informed a couple of days ago that the ticket has been cancelled, reason being that the server was not administered by Talk Talk. As reported previously Talk Talk deny this.

Regards,

William

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI urantoid, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the email, if this is a national account this will be with Talk Talk. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos