Menu
SonnyUplands
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Webmail 403 Forbidden

I have an ntlworld email address which I cannot access in Virgin Media's webmail. I get the message "Forbidden" twice on the page and "403 Forbidden" in the browser title. I have cleared my cache and cookies as recommended elsewhere in this forum. I have tried different browsers and different devices. I am not using a bookmark - I am navigating to the webmail after logging in to My Virgin Media. I can access webmail on my other ntlworld email addresses ok. I can access the email ok on a client (WLM) - it is just webmail which does not work. I have also tried a dns flush. This has been happening for about a week. Any ideas? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail 403 Forbidden

What happens if you log out of My Virgin Media and then go direct to the webmail page for the account concerned by following this link: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

SonnyUplands
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham_A - thanks for the speedy reply. Unfortunately, following that link does the same thing.

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Loss of webmail access can be a sign of an orphan account being closed.  Can you confirm that the address you are having trouble with is linked to your billing account?  It would be visible on the my profile page or the manage accounts tab (see photos).

my services.pngnew account.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

SonnyUplands
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks MissPasko. The account I am having trouble with is a secondary account. If I log into my primary account and navigate to "Manage Accounts" I can see the problem account listed and I can click view/change etc.. So it appears to be linked ok with my billing account.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This would appear to be an odd one.  My first advice would have been to clear browser cache and delete any cookies relating to Virginmedia.  But you say in your opening post that you have already tried that.

One other thing to try is open a browser window in incognito/private mode and try the link I posted earlier.

Also, I know this can sound rather luddite, but have you tried shutting down your computer and restarting after clearing the cache and relevant cookies?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

SonnyUplands
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help Graham_A. I've tried those two things now but still no luck.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam We've gone through all the usual community checks on this one.  Can the Forum Team throw any light on what is causing this problem?

Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi SonnyUplands,

Thank you for your post and welcome to forums 🙂

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your ntl world email. Looking through your post you've done all the usual tricks. I will have to have a closer look into this and will pop you over a private message, keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Zoie

dorndorf
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem - for 4 weeks now.

Every time I contact Virgin I am told to change my password, this does nothing.  The person I am speaking with then tries to do something to fix it with no effect.  Then I am told that someone (from presumably higher up the chain of command - or knowledge) will contact me within 48 hours.  No one has ever got back to me.  I have learned that I can get into my emails (by installing Microsoft Outlook) so why on earth can Virgin not fix this, or at least have the decency to get back to me?

0 Kudos