cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Mail not working

Leitrim99
Tuning in

Cant access my web mail on any browser tried clearing cookies still same just keeps saying connection timed out been like this for a couple of weeks now . Frustrated is not the word going to start changing email to gmail seems a lot better service. 

9 REPLIES 9

Leitrim99
Tuning in

connection timed out please try reloading the page. Cant access web mail any ideas please

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you going via https://mail2.virginmedia.com or other URL; if latter which URL?

Can you post a redacted screenshot of the error message shown here?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Leitrim99_0-1657755310784.png

Yes i am going to  https://mail2.virginmedia.comathanks for coming back to my post

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team as they are likely best placed to help resolve this; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

In the meantime consider running the following command, in a Command Shell:

tracert mail2.virginmedia.com

or in a Terminal:

traceroute -I mail2.virginmedia.com

and in either a Command Shell or Terminal:

ping mail2.virginmedia.com

Post the redacted results from each command here

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Leitrim99,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm very sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues with accessing your web mail at the moment! 

Are you experiencing this issue when trying to access your web mail through different devices or by accessing different web browsers?

Have you been able to follow the suggestions that @用心棒 posted to see if this can assist?

Please keep us updated on how you get on so we can help further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Pauline Different browsers but only using a pc and windows 10

Thanks for coming back to us @Leitrim99. Are you able to see if you are able to sign into your webmail via a different device, like a mobile or tablet? Please also try using a browser that is not Chrome. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi There sorry not got back sooner having problems with passwrds. Yes can acces email via tablet just not PC tried different browsers. Gmail is no problem any halp gratefully accepted Thanks

Thanks for coming back to us @Leitrim99

Please could you post a screenshot of the error message that you are getting?

Regards,

Steven_L