Menu
AB14
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

WANT TO GET RID OF VIRGIN EMAIL ACCOUNT

I want to stop using VM Webmail for my email, as I think it’s security is lacking. I’ve been hacked twice now. How do I go about deleting it completely so I can then use another email account  provider?  Thanks. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: WANT TO GET RID OF VIRGIN EMAIL ACCOUNT

if its a secondary account just delete .
You can't delete the primery account but nothing to say you have to use it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: WANT TO GET RID OF VIRGIN EMAIL ACCOUNT

1.  Here is the help page on how to regain control and hopefully secure your network and account.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked

2.  Agree, no one is making you use the address.  Once you have control, start migrating all your connections to another email provider (preferably not with any ISP) that has better security to match what you are using it for, and better support and spam filtering, too.  Set up forwarding to catch anything you miss.  Don't use the out of office notice.  Turn off the spam filter - let the new provider catch the spam.  After backing up anything you want from the mailbox, delete all information from the emails and contacts so that no one can use the data if it is hacked again.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks