Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Vm305

I have the outgoing e mail VM305 problem on lap top and mobile phone . I have read about this on the  forum I must be on this malware list can you remove me please..?? What I don't understand is that some times it works on my phone..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Vm305

Virgin can't remove you, they are acting on the information in the spamhaus list.  Spamhaus will remove you when your public IP address is clear for a period of time.  You (or a trusted assistant in your home) can only do that by finding the malware and removing it from  your network.  The details in this link will help you get started, post back here if you need assistance.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Searching-for-Spambots-on-your-network/td-p/40...

Your phone is probably working when it is connected to the data network, not your home broadband network, am I correct?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks