Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

VirignMedia Email Not Sending

A friends friend (Very inexperienced with Technology) has a VirginMedia email account, recently it got hacked and she apparently got a text saying to change her password, which she did. Since doing this, she has not been able to send emails. She has an iPhone 8 and uses the default email app and on it is signed into this virginmedia email. Recieving emails is fine and works, though sending is where the issue lies.
Upon sending an email she gets an error saying (ERROR Username or password "{Her Email}@virginmedia.com@imap.virginmedia.com" is incorrect). It then prompts to look in settings under "Passwords & Accounts".
I (Being an average teen on a computer course) tried my best to sort the issue but couldnt find a fix. After looking online for this issue nothing arose. Both She and I have contacted VirignMedia of which said all is fine thier end it is something to do with the phone. Looking around, the Ingoing and Outgoing Email Servers are all correct with the ports being fine and the hostnames etc (I Think). The Username and Passwords for both of these are correct.
At this point I am stumped as to where this additional "@imap.virginmedia.com" is coming from any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated. Being a friends friend I cannot get a hold of the phone or any sort of account details at the moment so I will try all fixes listed when I next see them.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VirignMedia Email Not Sending

Hi XplosiveP3nguin,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to us at the Community Forums. Sorry to hear that your friend is having issues accessing emails. I'd advise firstly check to see if the email account can be accessed directly:

If you or your friend have been able to log in with those details, then delete the email account that has been created on the iPhone and use the same details as used on the site.

If you or your friend were unable to log in then, use the Forget Username or Forget Password functions.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: VirignMedia Email Not Sending

What iOS version is currently on their iPhone 8?

If you can receive and not send, then it's probably a good idea to delete the Password in the outgoing settings and then re-enter it.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-D...

While the latest iOS updates appear to have resolved the issue I discovered in the post above.  It can't hurt to try.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos