forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
alanwand
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgins spam filters rejecting all email

Since 3 pm all emails to me have been rejected with this message "auromatically rejected by postmaster @ blueyonder"  That is at least 8 I know of and probably many more.

There are two exceptions both real spam. One "Norton" one "McAfee". One went into normal mail box and the other went into Spam.

So clearly someone knows how to get round blueyonder's spam flters and I wonder whether blueyonder has in fact been hacked?  Anyone got a similar problem?

I phoned it in and got a typical reply - will pass it on to the engineers - expect resolution in 24  to 48 hours. I am not confident.  

I obviously can't receive email responses to this post. 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgins spam filters rejecting all email

Consider signing into webmail and checking ☰ > Settings > ▸ Email > Filter Rules for Reject with reason action

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

alanwand
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgins spam filters rejecting all email

I disdabled all filters and it fixed the problem.  Although I still got three actual renew anti-virus software spams through while everything else was rejected.  I now need to go through each one and enable it to find the one causing th eproblem. 

0 Kudos