Menu
radoslav91
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia secondary email account not working

Not so long ago I set a secondary account for my girlfriend and it was all fine until Tuesday. She received an email in the morning and when tried to reply she was unable to do so. We tried changing the password few times but that didn't help unfortunately. Can someone help this email back up and running as it is linked to some of her business activities and we need access to it ASAP.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmedia secondary email account not working

So that the community can help please explain a bit more about the issue.

What errors are you seeing?

Are you using the VM webmail screen or a third party email client such as Thunderbird?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
radoslav91
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the unclear information, just wasn't sure what I need to include. She is using Mail app on Iphone and Mail on Windows 10. Basically she was trying to reply to an email and received the  smpt server issue (can't specify exactly what message was displayed, she didn't take a screenshot) and I told her to delete the email and try to set up again. Then she received the error The username or password for imap.virginmedia.com is incorrect and since tried to reset password few times and try again and it comes up with same error every time we try to set up.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please try to access the secondary account direct from VM webmail using this link: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Does the email account open or do you get a mailbox unavailable message or similar?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
radoslav91
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I get the message that the mailbox is unavailable at the moment. 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for checking that.  The account has been locked by VM for security reasons.  I will flag this to the VM Forum Team and they will reply in a few hours.  

They will contact you via Private Message and should be able to get the account unlocked for you.

0 Kudos
radoslav91
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Okay, great! Thank you!

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi radoslav91,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your email address. 

I will private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos