Menu
Iclmedia
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia emails stopped working November 2020

Our emails stopped working in November 2020. 3 months later after multiple phone calls, emails (using iCloud) and support calls to 1st and 2nd level support and last Sunday a 10 hour call with Gadget Resue we still have not fully resolved the issue. A letter from VM last week stated the their resolution was “Apologise to the customer”  and the issue is now closed.   They have stated that as the emails work on VM Webmail the problem is not the responsibility of them. The issue is with the devices being used. I am fully Mac based and iPhone and iPad user. Apparently I must refer the issue to Apple. We have had VM emails and Broadband for some 15 years without any problems. Anyone have any ideas????

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmedia emails stopped working November 2020

It would be helpful to see what, if any, VM error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Terminal window and enter the following command where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password 2>&1 | (where findstr && (findstr  "235 VM") || (grep "235\|VM")) 

Post the redacted results here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos