Menu
TimMoore2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia Mailbox unavailable

My Virginmedia mailbox is stating it is not available and has not worked all day. I've had the account for years and the password used is correct. IMAP settings all seem correct, but on the send/receive tab it is saying 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for my email....xxx@virginmedia.com' 

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virginmedia Mailbox unavailable

What happens if you try to access the account via VM webmail? https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

If you get a 'mailbox unavailable' message it may be connected to this issue:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Webmail-403-Mailbox-Unavailable-errors/td-p/4294661/jump-...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
TimMoore2
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your reply. On accessing webmail it just says 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please try again in an hour and make sure you use the correct password to access your email from all your devices'. If problem persists contact 150....but am still struggling even after contacting them

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That is what I suspected.  If you read post one in second link it says VM will aim to contact you within 24 hours to resolve this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Timmoore2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with your email account,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos