Menu
kenners
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virginmedia Email t

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

Once i get this message i know that every email i send via Outlook (Virginmedia email via Outlook) will remain in my Outbox. I can always recieve inbound emails without a problem. This is the 6th time this has happened and 3rd in 3 weeks. I dont do anything and after about 4 days the issue clears. I do not do anything. I have 2 email address for virginmedia which are thru Outlook and one Outlook account, The Outlook account ALWAYS sends/receive . 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virginmedia Email t

Hey @kenners,

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your mailbox, I have been able to look into your account and have refreshed your mailbox.

Please can you let me know if this has now worked?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
kenners
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for trying but no difference made. All mails still in Outbox

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please could you try to reset your email password be logging into My Virgin Media and changing your password.

If the mailbox is the primary email account it will change when you change the password for My VM, if the email is a secondary account you can do this by clicking My profile > Manage accounts and you will be able to change the password there.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
kenners
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

i still have the same issue. One day all works fine and now again nothing for 3 days. I have even borrowed laptops using Vista, Windows 10 and Windows 7 and used various versions of Outlook and all have the same issue when trying to send email on the virgin account. I have checked all port address on every platform and all are correct. 

One other clue........my main account to Virgin cannot access virgin email but secondaty accounts can.

Help, this is frustrating me.

Ian

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Ian,

Thank for coming back to us, have you tried to change the password to your online account and try to log in again, I wioll be more than happy to help do this for you if unable.

so I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

kenners
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have changed password to main account and it made no difference.

Suddenly yesterday (Sat 23rd Jan) all burst into life again. The Outbox was empty and all emails delivered to each address. Outbox using Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016 and Mail now works on all my test PC's. 

The problem is how long before it fails again. The web version on Virgin works for for send and recieve all the time for my secondary account.

Outlook email using Outlook 2013 and 2016 always works to Virgin email accounts.

You never know, it may not fail again.

Ian

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian,

Thanks for coming back, it is a strange one and without know what the issue was it is impossible to say it wont happen again, glad to hear it is all working now.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos