cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirginMedia.com Email Shut Down / Conpromised

Chardog1
Joining in

Hi team Virgin,

I am writing on behalf of a client who uses a virgin media.com email address and as of today was logged out of Apple email and can’t get back in. 

We are afraid of an email back but upon researching I’m thinking she might have an orphaned email account, but trying to confirm that. Is there a way I can confirm what is going on here? 

11 REPLIES 11

jem101
Superstar

Well firstly as you admit you are not the account holder, then the VM forum team here will be limited as to what they will be able to share with you, but as a first consideration, is your client a current VM broadband customer? If so, then if they log into the my.virginmedia.com website with their original credentials, do they see the email address in question as being listed?

If the answer to either of these is ‘no’ then there is a very good chance that the email address is indeed ‘orphaned’ and as such has been, or is the process of being, deleted.

Thanks for the insight. 

There is no internet/phone associated with the email, it was created long ago. The log in/password recovery on any VirginMedia platform does not work which leads me to believe the orphaning. Still would like to be able to confirm somehow to ease the worries. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the responses Chardog1,

Just to clarify, does the client have active VM services with us?

Let us know,

Kain

No services currently. She has been living in the US for quite some time. 

Is there a way for me to provide the email address privately to confirm the situation? She's in fear of a hack as the alternative here and would like to try and get a solid answer...

Many thanks!! 

Good Morning @Chardog1, does the account holder have any means to get in contact with us directly, perhaps even over this forum?

Dealing with third party on this matter is very limiting, as per the advice from @jem101

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David, I just tried sending you a private message as this is sensitive information. I got an auto bounce back. Can you request I send a message? Many thanks. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Chardog1,

Thank you for coming back to us. Unfortunately, as my colleague advised, due to data protection, we would be very limited to share any information with you about this email as you're not the account holder.

Is there any way the account holder is able to create a Community Forums account and thread so that we can investigate this issue further for them?

Let us know so we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This involves a public figure and can't really be discussed on the forum publicly. Can I please Direct Message one of you to help further? Not really sure where else to take this...

Thank you! 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chardog1  I have asked the VM Forum Team to take another look at this. However, as your client does not have a current VM broadband account there is very little that they can do, especially if the former account holder cannot clear security.

Edited to add:

If you enter the email address concerned into this email checker you should be able to find out if it still exists on the VM system.

https://verifalia.com/validate-email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks