Menu
stevenasher
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin webmail stopped working on PC

On 23rd Nov my blueyonder email became inaccessible. After 8hrs or so I had an email from VM  explaining my account was closed because a phishing scam had been set up to forward my emails. I changed my password but ever since, webmail on my pc isn't working at all. I can get into my VM account, but when I try to open my email I just get 'Forbidden.'  Meanwhile my 'client' email account is up and running on my phone just fine. Broadband is also working fine.

I rely on my account for business and can't do all I need to do on my phone. It's been two weeks now - I had some support via a call, cleared cache etc but still 'forbidden'. The promised follow up calls did not happen. I feel abandoned and it's not even possible to make a complaint the way your call centre is right now.
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin webmail stopped working on PC

The VM Forum Team should be able to help with this.  They will need to raise a ticket with their IT support team.  They will reach this thread in a day or so.

In the meantime you could set up an email client such as Thunderbird on your PC and access the email account via that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
stevenasher
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin webmail stopped working on PC

Thanks Graham, I've set up Thunderbird as you suggest, and you are indeed very insightful as I'm now able to access my virgin email on my pc via this route. Will take a little while to get used to the format/layout, but it's much appreciated.

0 Kudos