cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin webmail forbidden error

dheintze
Joining in

Hello,

since a few days I am not able to access my email account using webmail and instead I receive the ´forbidden´error!

I have tried all sorts of things inc. clearing cookies, cache, disabling Fw and using a different browser. 

I am still able to receive emails using the Samsung outlook app but this is not sufficient.

There is a suggestion to fix this by resetting the password online but I am VERY reluctant to do this because I fear that my app may also no longer work!!! I also do not understand how/why this should fix the problem.

This is TOTALLY unacceptable - and quite honestly I /we are absolutely fed up with virgin (this is in light of on-going issues with our email accounts, TV and broadband availability. 

If we do not get immediate help and support and a resolution to the webmail ´forbidden´problem I will make arrangements to leave virgin for good. So this is your chance to fix this error - and please  do not suggest resetting passwords because there is nothing wrong with the password (as it works using the app).

Giving you a couple of days. Regards D Heintze

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dheintze 👋

Thanks for posting. We're very sorry to hear you're having some problems accessing your email account on the WebMail section of the site.

Are you able to try using a different device, and if so, does the same happen there? Are you able to provide a screenshot of the error you're seeing - or is it 
just a white page with the word "Forbidden"?

Please also be aware that our Forums are not an immediate support platform, and it can take some time between responses. If you do require immediate assistance, it would be best to call us on 📞 0345 454 1111

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

sdu60
On our wavelength

Well written. I have the same problem and without any resolution. 
In spite  of all the work in changing my virgin email address, this seems to be the best solution. I have opened a gmail account and its working fine. Now I need to inform all my contacts.

address, I think that this is the o

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sdu60 

Thanks for your response

Have you tried accessing webmail via a different device? How do you get on when doing so?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

sdu60
On our wavelength

As per earlier responses to this thread, I have tried other devices and different browsers without access becoming available to web mail. The solutions proposed to this problem always involve changing passwords but the steps are not clear. When I looked at one solution it required one to have another email address to that virgin could sent alternates there. Please provide a clear detailed step by step solution  which conforms to the requirements of the the virgin account site. This is becoming increasingly frustrating with no unambiguous response from virgin.
I'm waiting ........... 

Have you tried these steps:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media

• Go to Account settings, then Account details

• Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail

• Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password

• Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked

• Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

This will allow you to reset the password.

Rob