Menu
par999
Tuning in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Virgin support have managed to delete my live Blueyonder email address...How do I get it restored?

I was speaking with Virgin support this morning and they changed the Primary email address associated to my account.

They repeatedly checked with their technical support who confirmed my original Blueyonder email address would be unaffected...it now no longer exists within my aliases, and as is no longer recognized through the online webmail interface.

How do I get it restored?

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin support have managed to delete my live Blueyonder email address...How do I get it restored?

Try using the new username when logging in to VM webmail to access the blueyonder email address, provided that was the primary username before the username change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
par999
Tuning in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin support have managed to delete my live Blueyonder email address...How do I get it restored?

It wasn't, mine was 😤!

When looking at the live aliases, mine no longer are being listed.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@par999 wrote:

It wasn't, mine was 😤!

When looking at the live aliases, mine no longer are being listed.

By that do you mean that you are not the account holder?  Otherwise can you explain in more detail about the set up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

0 Kudos
par999
Tuning in
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Graham,

I've PM'd you.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@par999  I'm afraid that I cannot assist you with this via PM.  However, I will escalate this to the VM Forum Team.  They should be able to investigate if this mess can be unravelled.

They will respond here and contact you via PM to clear security.

par999
Tuning in
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham...you're right, it is a mess!!

I appreciate your attempts to help though.

All the best.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin support have managed to delete my live Blueyonder email address...How do I get it rest...

Thanks for your post par999, thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

Can you please confirm if you are the account holder for me? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
par999
Tuning in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin support have managed to delete my live Blueyonder email address...How do I get it rest...

Hi David,

No, I'm not.

It was a 'confused account' where my email address became primary address on my fathers account.

Historically, nobody had been able to fix it, but yesterday one of the customer support team decided they could temporarily swap to one of his email aliases but repeatedly confirmed thay my email address would be unaffected.  I had them check this 3 or 4 times, but lo and behold the VM system now states that the address no longer exists.

I 'm going to get my father run through security with VM tomorrow, and to then hopefully get the support team to restore the email account...well that's my hope!!

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@par999 If I may make a suggestion it would be better if you could get your Father to set up an account in this Community Forum.  That way the VM Forum Team should be able to go through security with him and get this referred to the IT team.

You may have a struggle with the telephone support team.