Menu
Jonesy0610
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin poor performance continues.

Well I first became aware that my email box had been closed around about the 20th march. I gave Virgin a few days before contacting them on the 24th March. Many, many , many phone calls later this issue remains unresolved. Yesterday (12th April) I received a letter from Virgin informing me that my email box had been closed. The letter was dated the 1st of April. There are no postage issues in my area so why 1) Did it take so long to inform me of the issue 2) Why was the letter written on the 1st but only arrived on the 12th. Please remind me are Virgin in the communications business?  This is one of several 'performance' issues displayed by Virgin recently. About  3 weeks ago during a phone conversation I managed to change my logging in password to use when phoning Virgin. Again several days later I received a letter confirming this change of password, but the new password they were quoting was the old one. Is there anybody up the chain of command aware of these failures. My broadband has been going off about 5 times a day, but I just haven't got the energy to complain or phone up as nobody seems to know what to do. Its now several weeks since my email box was closed. Someone has said that the issue has been escalated but what does that mean.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin poor performance continues.

Hello Jonesy0610

Sorry to hear of both the email account and broadband issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of this via the forums.

I can see you have been in contact with Akua via Private Message. We politely ask to keep all correspondence in one location/thread and if you have any further queries' to respond to the agent via the Private message function.

I'll let Akua know you have been back in contact and ask they give you an update on this.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin poor performance continues.

Hi Jonesy0610,

Have you signed into Check Service Status at the top of this page?

It shows any local faults, but more importantly you can also run a test against the hub. By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your hub and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer, which saves a phone call.

You could also create a post in the Broadband Forums  and give details about your broadband going off about 5 times a day, also if it's wired or wireless or both. The tech guru's on the forums are far better than you would get if calling into the Faults team.

It would help them enormously if you could post some stats from your hub as well so they check them and offer more detailed assistance.

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return.

Don't login, instead below there click on Check Router Status

From the Router Status” page copy/paste 3 FULL sets of data into the post you create ( don't use screenshots)  – from the Downstream, Upstream, & Network Logs pages. 

It will help if there are a lot of Pre and Post RS errors in the Downstream pages if you could post the errors, then perform a factory reset of the router and post them again.

To perform a Factory reset, keep the hub switched on and disconnect any ethernet connections, then push the reset button firmly with a paperclip or something similar. keep it pressed in for around a minute. Wait around 10 minutes and it should revert to factory settings. You can now reconnect the ethernet cables.

If you previously changed your router password it won't work and you will have to use the one printed on the sticker on the router. You can always change it again by going into the settings

If you get an error when posting, don't worry,  just press post again  You will maybe need to split the info over a couple of posts

You could also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos