cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net

bernie7
Joining in

Hi I have a virgin.net account and I need to reset my password. I am not a virgin media customer and can't find where or who can do this for me

8 REPLIES 8

bernie7
Joining in

Hi Gaaz1

Would you be able to help me reset my password please. I tried to load it on a new devise yesterday and couldn't remember the password so ended up locking it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bernie7 wrote:

Hi I have a virgin.net account and I need to reset my password. I am not a virgin media customer and can't find where or who can do this for me

As you are not a VM customer, VM support staff may be limited in what they can do for you.

Here is the link to the VM email password reset page  https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password 

If that gives problems you could try entering your virgin.net address and  the current password here https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  Then click on "Account details" or "My Profile"  "and scroll down to where you can edit the password.  However, this may only work for VM customers with a live broadband account.

Bear in mind though that as a non VM customer your email account could be deleted by VM at any time. VM do seem to be having a purge on clearing out email accounts that are no longer linked to a live VM broadband account.

Also, just to keep you abreast of VM's recent change of policy regarding email accounts; new VM customers are no longer being offered free VM email accounts. That's a trend with internet providers, BT have recently announced the same thing.

In light of all that you would do well to take the opportunity to switch to using a non ISP email account such as Gmail or Outlook.com.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks unfortunately the issue is I can't remember my password. I changed this about 5 years ago. So when I tried to load my email on a new devise I locked my account

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bernie7 wrote:

Thanks unfortunately the issue is I can't remember my password. I changed this about 5 years ago. So when I tried to load my email on a new devise I locked my account

That is unfortunate. Sadly you are stuck unless one of the Forum Team can help but, as I understand it, since you are not a VM customer they are limited in what they can do for you.

They may be willing to reset the password, but I suspect it will only be on the basis that it enables you to retrieve any emails or documents from the account so that you can switch to a new email account.

As I highlighted in my post and as stated in the link that  @Anonymous posted earlier you need to be aware that your email account could be deleted at anytime. Please don't assume that you can continue to use it.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Thanks for your help.

Yes I am fully aware that at some stage I might loose this email address but I have been thinking that for over 5 years. So I just want to try and get it working so I can forward all the important emails to a new email address. Hopefully like you say someone on the form might just help me out.

Cheers

Hi there @bernie7, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I can certainly see if it is possible to reset this for you, to do this I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

That would be brilliant