Menu
Lolly18
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net

Virgin.net reset password instructions. 

I started to receive old deleted emails in my account yesterday. After deleting 2000 emails. I decided to delete the mail account. Now I can't setup the mail account again, and I have forgotten the email password. Virgin Media have reset my password as I am still a Broadband customer but it's not the right one for the server.

I hope someone can send details how I can continue to use my virgin.net account. Understand it's an old email, it is linked to my virgin media account though. 

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net

Hello

Please clarify when you say deleted the email account did you delete it from your Virginmedia account  or just from the email client that you use ?

If you deleted it from your Virginmedia account then I am afraid that you cannot use that email address again and it cannot be  recreated.

Is the email address linked to your account you can check this at  https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/listUsers ?

If it is under your account then on that page you can also reset the password.

If it isn't under your account it will need to be link to the account by a Virginmedia staff member, and then the password can be reset.

If it isn't linked the beware that at anytime it can be deleted permanently as it is classed as an orphaned account.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lolly18
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike

Thank you for your reply.

My virgin.net email is still my Virgin Media Main email. I have just removed it from my iPhone as that was the only place I had it set up.

I will take a look at the link you gave. I had spoken to Virgin yesterday but they just reset my password to my Virgin Media account not for the emails themselves.

Lorraine

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Community elder
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Lolly18 wrote:

Hi Mike

Thank you for your reply.

My virgin.net email is still my Virgin Media Main email. I have just removed it from my iPhone as that was the only place I had it set up.

I will take a look at the link you gave. I had spoken to Virgin yesterday but they just reset my password to my Virgin Media account not for the emails themselves.

Lorraine

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/what-is-a-my-virgin-media-account

Password

The password you use to sign in to My Virgin Media.

Remember that if you change your password here, you'll also need to change the settings in any email programs that you use to reflect the change.

From the advice provided above the reset password provided by VM for your My Virgin Media should also work in your email client for your primary email account. Try using the same password in your email client.

Can you access your emails using VM's Webmail?

If your virgin.net email address is not properly linked to your account this will cause issues with access.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Lolly18
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The password was not working with the mail.net or the IMAP or POP

I have spoken to VM this morning and even that couldn't get into my emails. They will get back to me within 5 days. Fingers crossed.

I have saved important emails to another email account over the years, it is just frustrating when everything was working well. 

Lorraine 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Lolly18

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with your email at the moment. I have located your account from here but unable to see that this has been raised as an issue - I am sorry. 

Are you still having the issue since the weekend? Are you able to confirm if you can still access your emails via Webmail rather than the email client you we're using? What happens when you try and access via webmail? 

Can you still log into your MyVM account ok? Is the username the same as the email address you need access to? 

If you're still struggling, please do pop back and let us know - we can then take the chat into a Private Message and go through security to assist you further if needed

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lolly18
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

I am still having problems. 

Webmail is not available and I have spoken to 4 different people. They have change password for the account but not for access to the Virgin.net server. 

if you are able to call me that would be really helpful, or private message me thank you.

Lorraine 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Lorraine (@Lolly18)

Thanks for popping back - what happens when you try and access your emails via webmail? Can you still log into your MyVM account ok?

Is the username the same as the email address you need access to? 

Whilst we're not able to arrange callbacks, if we need a Private Message, I will send you one.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Lolly18
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have called this morning again and I now have a tech call pending. 

Please private message me. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Lolly18

On checking  your account again today I can see that your issue has already been raised to our IT team under reference number P010379977. 

There is no need to Private Message as this is already in hand. Please feel free to pop back to this thread if you need any updates. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos