Menu
AWM100
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net

I am unable to logon to my virgin.net email account. Password and username okay, but keep receiving message that email is not available. Can also still access virgin media account.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
AWM100
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net login

I can access my virgin media account but can no longer access virgin.net email account. Happy to transfer to other account but need to know how to access. Password and login ID accepted, but receive message saying account isn't available

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net

are you still a virgin media broadband customer and if so is the email listed under your email accounts on your my virgin media account
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net login

Hi AWM100,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums. Unfortunately the .NET mailboxes can only be deleted. I'll try to see if a transfer is possible, however from prior attempts with these mailboxes they can only be deleted. I will PM you shortly to get your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Sololobo
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Corey_C wrote:

Hi AWM100,

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums. Unfortunately the .NET mailboxes can only be deleted. I'll try to see if a transfer is possible, however from prior attempts with these mailboxes they can only be deleted. I will PM you shortly to get your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C

Is this correct?

I was under the impression that customers who moved to the Virgin Media cable service from VM's ADSL service were able to have their historical virgin.net email address attached to their new account.

As such it would remain in service/be supported until that account was closed.

There must now be quite a few customers in that position who will be wondering if their virgin.net email address may be arbitrarily shut down without notice.

Can this be clarified please?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sololobo,

Thanks for your post. Yes what you are saying is correct however to clarify, it's a matter of when. If the mailbox transfer happened prior to being disabled then they are unaffected. However once they have gone down or been disabled, it's very unlikely to revive these mailboxes or move them to the active accounts.

Cheers,

Corey C