Menu
Pavlou78
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net

My virgin.net email has stopped working. Not received any emails for 5 days. Any help would be great. Thanks

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net

Are you a current Virgin Media broadband customer?  This is a requirement for VM to provide email service to you.  Is the virgin.net address linked to the billing account?  It would show on the my profile page, or manage accounts tab?  Please answer and we can suggest self-help actions.

If not it may be an orphan account.  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/

If you are a customer, VM Forum Team can investigate if a Move & Transfer is possible. If not a customer, the only thing they can do is ensure your data is completely removed from the server.  They will reach this thread in 24 hours or so and take your personal details by private message.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pavlou78
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I am a Virginmedia customer and apparently it is linked to my account. I called CS a few days ago and am waiting for a callback. Not hopeful. Alot of their staff have never heard of virgin.net!

I can't log in to myvirginmedia as it doesn't recognise my password and I can't reset it as the forgotten password reset goes to my email address I can't get into!

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

This could be caused by a number of reasons, such as it may have been locked for security reasons.

The Forum Team will ask you to change the password on the account. You say that you have already tried that, so wait for them to get here.

You may need to use Forgotten Password: 

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Pavlou78
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE

I am.a virginmedia customer (long term) but just found out my virgin.net email address isn't linked to my virginmedia account. 

Any ideas what I can do? 

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The email address is question, did you have that with an old cable account with us? For example, you moved address and was given a new account but your old email address wasn't migrated over? If so, we can see if we can still migrate it over (not guaranteed) but it will mean that any existing email accounts you have on the new account will be lost.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Pavlou78
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I think so yes, I can't remember exactly as I have had the email address for 20+ years. It is not linked to my virginmedia account but I did used to be able to (until last week) log into my virgin.net webmail via virginmedia.com. I did receive a email from virginmedia last month to my virgin.net email address saying I would be getting 17 more TV channels so it must somehow be linked to my virginmedia account but everytime I call the advisors can never find it. Was on the phone for nearly 2 hours yesterday getting passed from person to person! Paul

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Let me send you a Private Message so I can get more details from you and take a look at your email address issue.

Regards,

Lisa

Lisa_CC
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your Private Message with your list of accounts with us @Pavlou78. I've checked each and every one of them and can confirm that the email address is not listed on any of them, neither as primary or secondary. I'd suggest that you try and log into the online accounts for all your accounts to see where that email address is. 

Just a note, if you have any old accounts that have been cancelled, if the email account is linked to it, we won't be able to re-active that email for you as there is no longer an active account. If the email has stopped working, it may mean that our system has caught up to it.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos