cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net stopped working

Markao
Joining in

My virgin.net email as suddenly stopped working, in my household we have virgin media, virgin mobile and O2 contracts 

i have used the virgin.net mail as my main email for years and being unable to access stops me from accessing purchase details for items as a force of a guarantee and lots of other stored data 

how can I get my email account reinstated 

Mark 

8 REPLIES 8

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Markao wrote:

My virgin.net email as suddenly stopped working,

how can I get my email account reinstated

You don't actually say exactly what error message you are getting so it's difficult to give any specific advice.

If you are using an email app (perhaps on your phone) that may give a rather vague error or simply default to a variation of “Incorrect user ID or password"

Therefore it would be useful to know exactly what error message you get when you sign into your Virgin.net email account directly via  the VM website from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/   That will be the definitive error straight from VM and would enable forum members to give some relevant and constructive advice.

Two common errors are:

1)   If it is "Your mailbox is not available at the moment..........."

you should try resetting the password to one you have never used before and then leaving it 30 minutes before you try to access the account often clears that error message.

You can reset  the password for your email account by signing into the "My Virgin Media" Account using you virgin.net email address and password via this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  Then click on "Update settings" -  then "Account details" and you will see the option to edit your password.

Alternatively, if you are having problems with the My Virgin Media Account route you can try resetting the password by entering the affected email address here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password  and then following the prompts, 

Resetting the password often restores access but not in every case. If a password rest does not allow you to access the account or the reset process does not work then it may well require action by VM to take a look at what's going on.

2) If the VM website gives you the "We didn't recognise the username or password you entered........" error

that suggests something more serious is going on and you will definitely need to get help from VM to resolve it.

Finally, just  for information:

Virgin email is nothing to do with Virgin Mobile or O2.

It is part of the Virgin Media Home Broadband package for existing VM customers, however new VM customers are no longer given the option to open a VM email account and existing customers are no longer able to create new VM email accounts.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The issue started on my iPhone where I was unable to receive emails however I had the virgin mail page open on my PC and was still receiving mail messages 

I logged on to another PC to see if I could logon on to my virgin.net email on that and was unable to do so getting the following message : 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Or you may not have an active mail account with us.

If you have an existing Virgin Media mailbox please try changing your password in the first instance as this may unlock the account following a security precaution taken by our email team.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Markao wrote:

I logged on to another PC to see if I could logon on to my virgin.net email on that and was unable to do so getting the following message : 

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

If you have an existing Virgin Media mailbox please try changing your password in the first instance as this may unlock the account following a security precaution taken by our email team.

Thanks for that information.

So have you tried following the advice in the error message about changing the password?

Option 1) in my post details two possible ways to reset the password when you get that error message.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have tried resetting password still no joy logging on to my email, what is odd my wifes that was created after I opened my first virgin.net account so was like an orphan email account still works 

Mark 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Markao wrote:

Have tried resetting password still no joy logging on to my email,

Thanks for coming back with that update.

That means it will need to be checked out and resolved by VM. Since you have a VM Broadband account I have escalated your post to the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum.

Hopefully they will contact you tomorrow (19/06/22) and contact you via this forum.

Coenoby

Had no contact today, maybe tomorrow 

Hi Markao, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with your virgin.net email address. This is certainly something we can help with although we will need to confirm some information with you as well as pass data protection. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your help in getting me access back to the emails