cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net stopped working 5 October

Suzanne8
Joining in

My 22 year old Virgin.net email stopped working last Thursday afternoon, have been a Virgin customer for all that time. This is in the middle of waiting for an NHS appointment, which they now do by email. Also in the middle of applying for jobs, waiting for interview results and of course the usual stuff like paying bills, council stuff etc etc. I recently said yes to an upgrade to my broadband box from Virgin. I have a feeling this is where the problem comes from. Yesterday morning I rang the helpline for the third time since Thursday, after being told that the issue was being dealt with twice before previously. After a 2 hour phone call the adviser said my email address had another, very slightly different, home address (the building name had been taken out, apparently, although the bills still get here fine). Apparently now I have to wait another 3-5 days whilst some transfer team puts the email address with my physical address. It's actually the same address, don't know why Virgin changed it. How do I know that this is actually being dealt with? The operator told me he would ring me to get further information from me to log back in, but the number they have is a landline and I might miss the call. I do not want to wait the advised 3-5 days to get my email back, or to find out that it is still not working. Does anyone know how to find out whether it is being dealt with?

1 REPLY 1

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Suzanne8 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're experiencing 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel