Menu
Paddy9602
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net hacked account that I want to regain access or deleted

Hi there 

My wife's account (virgin.net) I know is still an active email but we cant gain access to it as it was hacked last night and now through the virginmedia.com website we get is a screen saying

"Sorry!

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

We called them today and got told that because the account is in areas reference is 34 this one sold to Talk Talk...tried holding on to them and whist waiting saw that they aren't able to help - I suspect just being fobbed off. 

Is there anyway we can regain access to the email account (she is no longer a Virgin Customer). If this is not possible is there a way to get the account deleted quickly as with it being hacked she is nervous about her information being out there.  

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net hacked account that I want to regain access or deleted

Hi Paddy9602,

Welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear you're unable to access your as you are no longer a customer with us we would be unable to re-activate this email account.

We can however get this deleted for you as long as the account was in your name.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net hacked account that I want to regain access or deleted

@Kev_B another one being sent to talktalk

0 Kudos