Menu
Aboomah
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net emails

I have been unable to retrieve Virgin.net emails since the account was closed. There must be a way of retrieving previous received emails even though the send feature is disabled.

Any ideas on how to get emails received into that email address? There must have been a way of diverting emails that have been sent to virgin.net, to a virginmedia.com email account.

I am a virginmedia broadband subscriber.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net emails

@Aboomah wrote:

I have been unable to retrieve Virgin.net emails since the account was closed. There must be a way of retrieving previous received emails even though the send feature is disabled.

Sadly, if the email account really has been closed then the emails will have gone too. There is no way to retrieve them.

One slight hope you have is that rather than being closed the account has been locked by VirginMedia. What error message do you get when you try to log into it from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ?

If you get the "Your mailbox is unavailable..........." message you can try resetting the password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details /password  by entering you virgin.net address as the username  and then following the prompts.

However if you get the "Username not found" error it suggests that the account has been closed / deleted.

As you are a Virgin Media broadband subscriber, one of the Forum Team should be able to check this for you. One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net emails

Hi @Aboomah

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding retrieving your emails from your virgin.net account, is the email address you are discussing linked with your active broadband account?

I'd be happy to try and recover access to your email address for you, but I must warn you that access is not guaranteed. I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos