Menu
JohnInshaw
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net email

I have an old virgin.net email which I set a forward to my new email. The virgin.net email is now getting a lot of spam and I want it deleted. How do I go about it?

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net email

Hi JohnInshaw,

Welcome to the Community Forums! I'm very sorry for our delayed response and to hear you've been receiving a lot of scam emails.

If you haven't been able to get the email address deleted since posting, please let us know and we'll be happy to get that sorted for you.

I've popped you over a PM so we can take things from there if you do still need our help.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
JohnInshaw
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Thanks for getting back to me. No I haven't been able to get into my old email [REMOVED]

The problem is that when virgin decided that they were going to drop the virgin.net emails I created a new domain and email which is my j[REMOVED] and I put a forward on the old email to my new and existing email expecting the old one to be deleted. Since I rejoined virginmedia because of TV & Broadband somehow the old virgin.net email seems to sparked back into life and is forwarding me all sorts of spam. I really want the old email [REMOVED] to be deleted.

By the way I don't know what a "PM" is? Regards John

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnInshaw,

Thanks for your PM and for supplying the requested details.

I have requested for your email address to be deleted under the reference: P010430469

They will let me know once they have been able to delete the mailbox, so I'll pop back here and let you know.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JohnInshaw,

That was quick - the mailbox has now been deleted.

Let us know if you need anything else.

All the best,

Beth

0 Kudos
JohnInshaw
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Beth that is fantastic well done I really appreciate it. I was sceptical that trying to achieve it through the forum was a long shot but I was proved wrong.

Thanks again

John

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi JohnInshaw.

I'm glad you think so! We're always happy to help 🙂

Stay safe and take care,