Menu
Biscuit007
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net email

I have a virgin.net email address which I have not been able to access for over a week.

i understand old accounts are being closed which may be the problem,but I was not notified !

As this was only email account is it possible to get the account open for a short period so I can retrieve some important mail and access my address book?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net email

Hello

Are you still a virginmedia broadband customer if so then an agent can move and transfer the mail account to your account, if you are not a broadband account holder then I am afraid that all they can do is get the email address deleted.

See https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073 and
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Biscuit007
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Alas no,I'm not a virgin media customer any more,

Thank you for the information it was very enlightening. Is there anything else I could do? 

Is there any way of contacting anyone from Virgin media even though I have no account?

have tried to call but no response and very difficult as i have no account number and so forth.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

nothing you can do. VM will not be able to help. you need an active account to use the email. Its part of the T&C
0 Kudos
Biscuit007
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Another issue I have is that even if I wanted to sign up with Virgin media to keep my mail account I couldn't as it is not available in my area!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The answer is simple but not what you want to hear.
You won't be able to keep he email.

You must have an active BB account. It is part of the T&C when you first registered.

you should register a new email (best to use one not linked to any ISP) and start updating your contacts and accounts
0 Kudos