Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net email support

Hi

REALLY hoping that someone can help me here!?!

I have had a virgin.net email address for about 8 years and was last able to access it on 6th June.

I tried logging into it after that date and could not log in and could not reset my password as the answer to the security question was not recognised - that is my mothers maiden name so I know it is correct!

So I can only assume that my account was hacked. I have tried contacting Virgin Media support via Live Chat to sort this out with no success. I have no other packages with Virgin Media - my phone and internet are with BT, so the only support I needed was for virgin.net! I was told that this was sold to Talk Talk and I contacted them and was advised that they stopped support in July 2016 and responsibility for ongoing support was returned to Virgin Media!

I have had zero support/help from the Live Chat and cannot find a phone number to actually speak to somebody.

Obviously I am VERY concerned about my personal details being compromised, and this email address is the only personal email address I have.

Can anyone please help me to try and reset my password and account details so that I have full access to my email again?

Thank you for any help and guidance

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net email support

Any help available?

I am desperate and very worried about my email and information that could have been taken.

Thank you.

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

your account should of been deleted 90 days after you left.
Chances are the system has caught up and is in the process of deleting hte account.

VM can't help you as you are not a VM customer all the forum team can do is make sure the email address gets deleted

@Kev_B another one being told to go to talktalk. This is become a real problem

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

I am afraid to have a email address from Virginmedia you have too have Virginmedia Broadband all the support staff can do is delete the email address, have a look at these 2 posts - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Closure-of-former-customer-email-accounts/m-p/4092021

The email address is an orphan.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello mb666,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your email sorted, I am afraid the information given by the two members above is correct, if you're no longer a customer then there is very limited assistance we can give. I can go into the former account and make sure the email is fully deleted, then there is no possibility of it being hacked in the future. If you would like me to do this just reply to my PM that I'm going to send now. 

Thanks,

Megan_L