cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email stopped but Urgently needed for Medical records

Diane11
Joining in

My husband’s virgin.net email a/c suddenly stopped working yesterday.

He is a transplant patient and cannot afford to lose any email correspondence with his hospital consultants.

His a/c was set up as a sub account to my own virgin.net a/c around 20 odd years ago. My virgin.net a/c still works.

Please contact me virgin because this is really an urgent need.

Thankyou

15 REPLIES 15

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not a Virgin Media employee but I have escalated this thread for you as a matter of urgency.  However I do have to ask, are you current Virgin Media broadband customers.  If the answer is no, then the most VM will offer is a temporary reprieve in order to allow you to download mails from his account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Diane11
Joining in

Thankyou so much !No not a VM customer. Getting access would be great because there would have been activity the last few days and it would give him a chance to notify a new address.

Also is it possible that if the a/c is closed there is some form of forwarding or redirection to a new address.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sadly no.  Once the account is closed there is nothing to forward the mail from.  My advice would be to get a new email address now, for example Gmail or Outlook.com and notify your contacts of the new email.  Also note that your email address is at risk of deletion at any time too, so you need to do the same for your own email address.

VM's emails addresses SHOULD have closed automatically 90 days after you ceased being a customer.  VM have been slow to do this and are playing catch up.  In addition VM no longer offer email to new customers, although they do continue to support it for existing customers for the moment at least, however IMHO there is no guarantee that it won't close completely in years to come.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Diane11
Joining in

Ok thanks- will do as suggested.

But my husband still needs access to account - even for a short time- to alert people of new email address.

And problematical with hospitals if that notification does not come from the details they already have.

So if anyone from Virgin is looking at this please give my husband the time and opportunity to notify his vital contacts.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can always give the hospital a call and provide them with the updated email address.

I've also raised this on a backchannel we VIP's have with VM, I'm going to keep an eye on this thread and try and push it for you.

Hey @Diane11,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

I can see our community has provided all the correct information out, we do aim to close all Virgin Media associated emails 90 days after the closure of the account, in some cases these do remain open longer but are subject to close once the system recognises this.

I'm sorry that it happened so suddenly after your period of being without our service, unfortunately we do not have any way to gain temporary access back as the email is now fully removed from our system.

Apologies. Joe

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Diane11 I've sent you a PM - Click the envelope in the top right of the screen.

ravenstar68_0-1682583815670.png

I'd like to check something for you.

Have replied

Joe. Thanks for your reply. This is causing a major problem. My husband had test results emailed yesterday which cannot be accessed. I cannot accept that the account is permanently removed. Nothing is ever permanently removed in the digital world. Please reconsider - this is incredibly important. Thankyou