cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email not accessible

KTD
Tuning in

Dear Virgin,

For the last week I have not been able to access my virgin.net email of 20 years.  I am not a virgin customer anymore but do have an (old) account number. Every time I try and change password, I either get a page saying "you inbox is not available at the moment" or if I manage to get to forgotten password, I manage to get as far as to input security questions but nothing happens when I press submit. When I try and access my account details from My Virgin Media am able to still log but when I try and access account page I just get an 'oops' message, but I can see them greyed out in the background, but can't access!

Have spent  hours on calls to both Virgin and TalkTalk customer service say the account has been deactivated, and will need to be reactivated so I can get the 90 days to sort everything out. But they say they can't action.  I did not get any warning and I would have actioned if I had.

But please, can it be re activated at least for a period of time while I collect my contacts and organise a new email.  

This is the email I use for my freelance work and my livelihood depends on it.

Thank-you! 

Katy D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This is tough I know, but the notice was given when you first signed up to the email address.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

You may be very lucky and get a staff member to fix this for a short period, but don't count on it.  In any case Virgin email was a personal service, never intended for business use.

Start your new email right away, and always make local backups of important data.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

This is tough I know, but the notice was given when you first signed up to the email address.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

You may be very lucky and get a staff member to fix this for a short period, but don't count on it.  In any case Virgin email was a personal service, never intended for business use.

Start your new email right away, and always make local backups of important data.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sololobo
Superstar

The use of a Virgin Media email address requires a current Virgin Media broadband account. (Talk Talk have absolutely nothing to do with virgin.net email addresses.)

As you are not a VM customer your email address is likely to be considered "orphaned" and has/is in the process of being deleted, see here for more information: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

It may be possible for VM staff to arrange temporary access for you but I suggest you prepare for the worst case scenario, that your virgin.net address has been deleted and is unrecoverable.

If you have used an email client, set up for POP access, your legacy emails will still be available within the client.

If you just used webmail, or an email client set up with IMAP access, then I'm afraid they will be gone.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Thanks for the link - will give it a go

Good Evening @KTD, thank for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Terribly sorry to hear of the difficulty you've been facing with the E-Mail account.

I'd be happy to see if I can allow you access to the account, but I would advise, that you switch everything of value over to a new E-Mail address at the first opportunity, to be on the safe side.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank-you so so much David, I will DM you with details and yes am madly setting up a new email and exporting contacts etc.