cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email not accessible

ChristineLF
Tuning in

Dear community,

I have read through previous similar posts, apologies I still can’t get my head around it. Any help much appreciated!

We have been using a virgin.net email address for many years for my husband’s business. A few days ago it stopped working and webmail now says the account is not accessible. A phone call to customer service has not provided clarity about the reasons or as to whether this is permanent or temporary. 
We do not have a virgin account, mainly because there is no virgin fibre where we live. 
My husband is a bit older and not very tech savvy, he didn’t realise the email was on borrowed time. He is getting very stressed about the business email not working with time critical issues pending. 

Please can somebody assist and help us get to our emails, at least temporarily. 
Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You may be able to access your emails through the use of an email client such as MS Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird (other clients are also available).

When a VM "orphaned" email address is closed webmail access is often first to be affected, followed later by the closure of email client access.

It's possible, but not certain, that a window is still open to access and download the emails using an email client. If you want to try this though, you'll have to be quick.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

ChristineLF
Tuning in

To add to my post:

Another phone call to customer service has confirmed that we are absolutely not able to have a virgin account and email address, as virgin do not offer fibre where we live. 
We now need help with reinstating our virgin.net address, if only temporarily, to migrate our business emails, please. 

You may be able to access your emails through the use of an email client such as MS Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird (other clients are also available).

When a VM "orphaned" email address is closed webmail access is often first to be affected, followed later by the closure of email client access.

It's possible, but not certain, that a window is still open to access and download the emails using an email client. If you want to try this though, you'll have to be quick.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Thanks for taking the time Sololobo!

It is not working on Apple Mail but I will try other clients, just in case. 

Unfortunately using an email client has made no difference. 
Looks like the account might be closed. 
If somebody from Virgin could get in touch please so we can see what options there are for a temporary re-opening. 
We desperately need our business emails from the last few days. 
Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Christine

ChristineLF
Tuning in

Apologies for posting again, I was advised to do this by the team. We still don’t have a solution for our unavailable business emails  Please please please can the team pick this up and hopefully give us temporary access so we can move emails to a new address?

Original post:
Dear community,

I have read through previous similar posts, apologies I still can’t get my head around it. Any help much appreciated!

We have been using a virgin.net email address for many years for my husband’s business. A few days ago it stopped working and webmail now says the account is not accessible. A phone call to customer service has not provided clarity about the reasons or as to whether this is permanent or temporary. 
We do not have a virgin account, mainly because there is no virgin fibre where we live. 
My husband is a bit older and not very tech savvy, he didn’t realise the email was on borrowed time. He is getting very stressed about the business email not working with time critical issues pending. 

Please can somebody assist and help us get to our emails, at least temporarily. 
Thank you very much!

Hi ChristineLF,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to here that you're having issues trying to access your old Virgin.net email address.

We can try and assist you as much as we possibly can. So, I can try and see if this email address is still available, I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi ChristineLF,

Really pleased to hear I was able to restore your email address for you. I would suggest creating an alternative email address and transferring any important documents over, as this will only be a temporary fix.

If you have any further issues or need additional help, please come back to me through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.