Menu
jrcw
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net email locked

Hi,

My virgin.net stopped working back at the end of April just as we moved into covid. I then saw posting regards closure of accounts but hadn't received any notification. I could still access my virgin media profile and see the email account and even change passwords etc but could not access the emails or those of a number of secondardy accounts.

The email is still active and receiving

As I only have the virgin.net service and so it was difficult to use the phone/text service but did eventually after a bit of a torturous route managed to talk to someone (via text service) who said they could see my account and it was locked for a security reason (I assume it had been hacked and used for spam) and that she would put in a form to get it unlocked which could be up to 48 hours. That was a few weeks ago and the email is still locked. I have changed the password but it didn't do anything.

I would like to see if this can be unlocked so I can access the emails and save them off. I think there are a few things that have gone to that account that I cannot access.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net email locked

The Forum Team should be able to look into this for you.

Normally they can get the mailbox unlocked, especially as you have been able to change the password.

However, as you have stated that you are not a Virginmedia broadband customer, that may complicate the issue.

They will contact you when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jrcw
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for that.

Yes not being a broadband user has been a problem in trying to get this sorted was a push to close the account and secondary accounts. I can do this via my virignmedia profile. Just hoping to save off the emails before closing them down.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jrcw

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

I'll be happy to assist you with this. I'll send you a PM now. Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @jrcw,

I'm really sorry for the delayed reply. I've escalated this IT ticket for you now. I'll be in touch soon

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos