cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email hacked

Ange2222
Tuning in

My virgin.net email has been taken over by a hacker. I tried to changed the password but have been blocked from doing so and realise the email is no longer supported by virgin.

I was a virgin customer years ago and just kep the email going. I realise it's no longer an option to be able to use the account but am very worried at someone using my email for fraudulent activity.  I checked via the email validation checker and it looks as though the account is still active.  As I cannot use it I really need the account totally closed so no one else can use it.  Please can someone from virgin contact me to arrange to deactivate the email?  Many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ange2222, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

The IT Team have come back and confirmed this address has now been permanently deleted. 

If you have any further queries or questions, pop back to us here in the Community. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Weberweber
Tuning in

If it's any consolation, you're far from the only one affected by this - it looks like there has been a large-scale hack of Virgin Media customer account details, email addresses and passwords.  I complained to VM about this but although I have been contacted, nothing effective seems to have been done to tackle it.  At the very least, Virgin Media need to issues a warning to all current and past customers that they are at risk.

Hopefully someone from Virgin Media will contact you soon to help you out - good luck.  

Ange2222
Tuning in

Thankyou for your reply. I made the mistake of marking this as helpful (which it it) but now your reply is marked as the solution (which unfortunately it's not).  Hoping that Virgin will still help with this. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ange2222  The VM Forum Team staff should be able to assist you with this.  They should respond here tomorrow.

If you click on options in the post you marked as a solution you can revoke it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thankyou both Graham and Weberweber for your replies.  Hopefully the vm forum staff will soon reply. 

Hi Ange2222, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear that the email address has been hacked. As you're not longer a Virgin Media broadband customer, the only thing we can offer here is to raise this with the IT Team for them to permanently delete the account. 

In order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you so I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath, I have found your email but don't seem to have the option to 'reply' to it as the reply option is shaded out.  Are you able to help?  Many thanks 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ange2222  If you click in the shaded reply area it should open up the reply box.  Once you have finished typing press the red reply button. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Ange2222, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

The IT Team have come back and confirmed this address has now been permanently deleted. 

If you have any further queries or questions, pop back to us here in the Community. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

RachieW
Just joined

I am struggling to with my email account it has been hacked and now I cannot get into it, please help