Menu
NicolaS1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net email account no longer working

As of Monday night my virgin.net email account stopped working.  I had no warning.  I have contacted virgin by Twitter & Text and have been told to go to Talk Talk. Talk Talk told me that these accounts did not migrate to them.  I have been using this email address for 18 years and have loads of important documents on the account.  I need it to retrieve these.

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net email account no longer working

When you migrated to talk talk the Virgin email was kept alive for an extended period, but after that period it should have been shut down, Virgin sometimes take far longer than the time alloted but eventuall it will be closed

check here if your email has been closed https://tools.verifyemailaddress.io/

if it has nothing can be done and it is gone

if tou still get a live notification you can try forgotten passord to see if you can log in

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
NicolaS1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I tired this and it says live.

I can't change my password as when I want to enter the security details it says they are incorrect (which is weird as I know my DOB and mum's maiden name)

I didnt migrate to TalkTalk by the way, that's what the helpdesk told me via Text.

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@NicolaS1 wrote:

Thanks, I tired this and it says live.

I can't change my password as when I want to enter the security details it says they are incorrect (which is weird as I know my DOB and mum's maiden name)

I didnt migrate to TalkTalk by the way, that's what the helpdesk told me via Text.

Do you still have a Virgin Media broadband account to which the virgin.net address is attached?

Try entering the security answers in all Upper Case characters or all lower case.  This has been known to work for some older accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

NicolaS1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so very much, this worked.  You have really saved the day 🙂

0 Kudos