Menu
Hejer
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin.net email account closure

I have a historic Virgin.net email address which somehow got spoofed and I'm constantly getting mail failure messages, plus I can't access my account online. 

How can I close down this email account?

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin.net email account closure

Thank you for your post Hejer and welcome to our community.

Could we please confirm if this email address is attached to an open or closed Virgin Media account?

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
Hejer
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No it's not linked to a media account.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

An email address not linked to a media account would not exist, this would need to be connected to either an active or inactive account with us.

Could we confirm which this one would be connected to? If it's on a closed account we can simply take the email address over private message and request this be removed within the next 5 working days.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Hejer
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The email address was created around 20 years ago (it's a virgin.net email) and most definitely was not created via a media account. 

Can you PM me please?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Hejer

More than happy to pop you a Private Message so we can take the email address and get that closed down if needed. 

In order to have an email address such as Virgin.net, you would have had an account with us at some point. 

Look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Hejer

Thanks so much for your patience - I just wanted to pop you a quick follow up to advise that the IT ticket has been completed for you as requested and the email has been fully removed 🙂 

If you have any questions or need further assistance with this or indeed anything else, you know where we are. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos