cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin.net email access

Paul19701
Joining in

I noticed last week a number of people had issues with their mailbox not being available.

Can anyone help as I have had the same problem since last Thursday, Virgin cannot seem to help as I only have this email with them and not broadband etc. They have also said speak with Talk Talk but they are adamant it is nothing to do with them. I am pulling my hair out not being able to get to my emails.

To sign up to the community I have had to use my wife's email as I can't get into mine, I don't know if you will need my email address

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Paul19701,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm sorry you're having issues with your mailbox at the moment.

Just to confirm, do you have any active account with us at all for any services?

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Dear Molly

I do not have any other services with VM. I have had the email for more than 25 years and use it every day. I have spoken with VM on a number of occasions and some are helpful and others not, but obviously no one has been able to help. 

I do have an account number and area code, but as the account is so old there are no security questions and therefore they cannot leave any comments on the account. My last call was very helpful and she sent it to the IT Team, but said it could take up to 7 days to look at.

Do you need my email address

Thanks

If it's a virgin.net address, this has probably been deleted I'm afraid. 

If it's with IT at the moment, they'll try their best to retrieve it but those accounts were sold to Talk Talk around 2015/16 time and any affected customers were given a year's notice of the closure of the emails.

I understand the frustration here and if our IT team are looking into this, they'll be doing their best for you. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Many thanks for trying to help,

If it is of any use I certainly did not recently receive any notification that the email was going to be stopped and use the account everyday as it is the only email I have

Thanks again

Paul

I can only apologise for that Paul and hopefully the IT team can assist further. The agent who raised it with them will be in touch to let you know the outcome either way.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@John_GS wrote:

If it's a virgin.net address, this has probably been deleted I'm afraid. 

If it's with IT at the moment, they'll try their best to retrieve it but those accounts were sold to Talk Talk around 2015/16 time and any affected customers were given a year's notice of the closure of the emails.

I understand the frustration here and if our IT team are looking into this, they'll be doing their best for you. 

Kind regards,

To be clear, only the Virgin Media ADSL service was sold to Talk Talk, not any of the VM email domains

If a Virgin Media ADSL customer chose to move to the Talk Talk provided ADSL service then access to emails was retained for one year. If the customer chose to move to a provider other than Talk Talk then email access was retained for 90 days.

All the Virgin email domains remain under the control and management of Virgin Media and any suggestion that Talk Talk have anything at all to do with the virgin.net email domain is patently incorrect.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Hi John

Thanks for the update, I still don't really understand as I was still using the email many times a day up to Thursday morning when it stopped. I will wait and see

Many Thanks

Paul

Thanks for coming back to us @Paul19701.

I can take a further look into this for you but would need to confirm a few details via private message, which I will drop over in a minute, if you want me to investigate, please respond to the private message.

Regards,

Steven_L